Apart from being used as a food source, potatoes have an important role to play in skincare as well. As pointed out earlier, they are rich in vitamin C which is vital for maintaining skin health. Thus, this starchy vegetable is beneficial for your skin in the following ways.
Potatoes are a natural under eye brightener and so, applying potato juice or potatoes directly on the affected area can banish dark eye rings.
- Peel and slice a raw potato into large pieces.
- Placing them in a cloth or handkerchief, stick them on your eyes for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Doing this regularly will reduce your dark circles considerably.
- You can also apply potato juice under your eyes with a cotton ball to fade away dark circles.
Potato is considered as an effective anti-ageing beauty agent, particularly in warding off wrinkles.
- Regular application of potato juice imparts a healthy glow to your skin
- It also helps to soften your skin as well as keep wrinkles at bay.
Potatoes are a natural way of fading away those dark spots.
- If you have black spots on your face, you can blend peeled potatoes in a blender
- Next, apply them on your face.
- Give a gentle massage
- Then do peeling for 5 minutes
- Once done, rinse off with clean water.
Facial blemishes adversely affect your appearance and potato juice is a great natural way to get rid of them.
- Use cold potato juice as a daily facial rinse
- This can help you get rid of your blemishes
- It will help reveal clear and perfect skin.
Potatoes are wonderful for treating sun burnt skin.
- All you need to do is place cold potato slices on the affected areas
- Alternatively, you can simply dab potato juice on the spot.
- This will give you a soothing and cooling sensation as well as diminish your suntan.
6. Skin Lightening:
Potatoes are a natural skin lightening agent.
- Apply a mask of grated raw potato on your face and rinse off with water after 30 minutes.
- Using this on a regular basis will make your face smooth, clean and bright as well as reduce facial swelling.
- You can also apply a mixture of lemon and potato juices to lighten your skin naturally.
- This acts as mild bleach for your skin and yields quick results.
If you have dry skin, potatoes will help give you that smooth skin feeling in minutes.
- Make a face mask by mixing a grated potato with half a teaspoon of curd.
- Apply it on your face for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- This will act as an anti-ageing mask to hydrate your skin from within
- It will also help to replenish moisture into dry skin to iron out fine lines effectively.