carrots benefits for skin are , thanks to the abundant amounts of Vitamin A and other antioxidants which protect against various skin problems and help in maintaining skin health.
The benefits of eating carrots for skin are as follows:
- Carrots for Glowing Skin:
Consumption of carrots keeps your skin healthy and vibrant as they are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Carrots can also be used to prepare an inexpensive and convenient face mask. All you need to do is to mix grated carrot with some honey and apply it as a face mask to get glowing skin.
- Treatment of Blemishes/Scars:
Drinking carrot juice is effective in getting rid of blemishes and scars. You can also apply carrot pulp on your skin to clear the blemishes.1
- Anti-ageing Benefits:
Carrots also contain Vitamin C which aids collagen production in the body. Collagen is a type of protein that is vital for the maintenance of skin elasticity. It helps prevent wrinkles and locks the process of ageing. Vitamin A, being an antioxidant, also attacks the free radicals to prevent signs of ageing like wrinkles, pigmentation and an uneven skin tone.
- Sun Protection:
Beta carotene in carrots is a skin-friendly nutrient that is converted to Vitamin A inside the body. It helps in repairing the skin tissues and provides protection against the sun’s harsh rays. The antioxidants and carotenoids protect and condition the skin to increase its immunity against the sun and heal sunburns. In fact, consumption of carrot juice in summer acts as a natural sun block.
- Suitable for Dry Skin:
Deficiency of potassium can lead to dry skin. Carrots are rich in potassium; hence, drinking carrot juice can prevent this problem as well as keep your skin hydrated.
- Treatment of Skin Ailments:
Carrots are effective in the prevention and cure of various skin ailments. The antioxidants in this vegetable can treat skin conditions like pimples and acne, rashes, dermatitis and other skin problems caused due to Vitamin A deficiency. However, keep in mind not to consume carrots in excess as they can cause your skin to temporarily turn yellowish orange in colour.
- Healing Qualities:
Carrots possess great healing qualities. Raw or grated carrots can be applied to wounds, cuts and inflammation for quick healing. Their anti-inflammatory properties help to revitalize and tone the skin.
Carrot Facial Masks for Skin:
Wondering on how to use carrot on face? Here are carrot facial masks for you to check out.
- Carrot Moisturizing Facial Mask:
Things you will need:
- 2 teaspoons of grated carrot
- A teaspoon of honey
- A teaspoon of milk cream
- Few drops of olive oil
Preparation and Usage:
- Grind the grated carrots to smooth paste. Collect this carrot paste in a small bowl and add all the remaining ingredients to it.
- Blend well with a spoon and your quick homemade carrot moisturizing facial mask is all ready to use!
- Cleanse your face with a gentle facial cleanserand apply this carrot mask evenly over your skin.
- Let it sit on your face for 10-15 minutes. Splash cold water and wash away after that.
- Pat dry to see your soft, glowing and of course moisturized skin.
- Carrot Calming Facial Spray:
How does our facial skin feel after getting exposed to sunlight and dust? Doesn’t it feel uncomfortable and tanned? Give your skin a soothing carrot spray to get that calmness.
- Extract the juice from fresh carrots and mix this carrot juice with 2 parts of rose water.
- Store this liquid in an old, cleaned spray bottle and that’s it!
- Your homemade calming carrot facial spray is ready for usage.
You can use this spray over your body skin to calm down heat, tan and sun burns!
Since ages, carrots have been known to promote hair growth and add thickness to the hair. Being loaded with Vitamin A, carrots offer the following benefits for your hair.
- Treatment of Hair Loss:
Carrots are great for combating hair loss as they provide your hair with vital vitamins, making them stronger, thicker and shinier. Drinking carrot juice for hair makes your hair healthy. This is the best benefit of carrots for hair.
- Stimulates Hair Growth:
Consuming 3 to 4 ounces of carrot juice daily stimulates hair growth as well as thickens your hair. Vitamin C and Vitamin E in carrots improve circulation in the scalp, thus promoting hair growth andprevent premature graying of hair.